Monday, September 29, 2025

Virginia what???

Hola todos!! Crazy enough I made it here to Virginia!! The last few days in the MTC were wild and sad and exciting but I'm stoked to be here now! We traveled on Wednesday morning and I got to revisit my favorite place, the North Campus UVX Station and the Frontrunner! So awesome. One thing I noticed in all our travels is that people really are like magnitized to our tags! So so so many people stopped me to talk either because they wanted to share their mission experience or because they were confused about what we were doing. Before even getting on the plan I was having missionary conversations left and right it was so exciting! I'm really grateful for the opportunity to be a representative of Jesus Christ!

It was so cool to get here on Wednesday and as Iwere landing we saw all the monuments!! What!! We got picked up and headed to the Marine Corps Monument or Iwo Jima Monument! That statue is huge people!! So cool! Got a little bit of the vision for our mission and learned more about our mission leaders! Then we stayed a hotel which was fun ahah. 

My trainer is awesome!! Her name is Hermana Morales and this is her third transfer! She is a fluent Spanish speaker and is so patient with me and my Spanish! I am learning so much!
 
Right now I'm serving in the Patomic area so we're right along the river! Super cool! AND right now in this area there is an invasive bug specific I don't even know how to explain them they're big and like red and fly and are EVERYWHERE it is genuinley shocking but I love to continue my abatement days and get rid of them when I can.

We met lots of new friends this week and I'm really excited because every missionary gets to go to the temple this transfer, BUT we also get to go next Saturday with a woman who was recently baptized and I'm so so excited! The Washington D.C. South Mission is being blessed with about a million Facebook Referalls everyday. As Spanish sisters we receive almost 10 everyday and they are so awesome! Lots of them are interested in the Church or the Book of Mormon or just coming to English classes that the church provides! Regardless, we get to talk to SO many people who are really prepared to learn and live the gospel! Yesterday one of our Facebook referalls who came to English class on Friday was able to come to church with his son and it was so special! 

One of the highlights of this week was we met this really nice woman named Liz and she told us she really isn't interested in the Church but she thinks that missionary work is so cool! She is an artist and told us she had a picture for us and WHAT ITS A PAINTING OF THE DC TEMPLE THAT SHE DID??? It was so nice I was literally beaming she was so cool.
 
Missionary work is really different than I expected. Nothing really prepares you for the experience of being somewhere totally new and constantly being surrounded by people that you can't really understand or communicate with. I'm starting to have a greater understanding of why God called me Spanish speaking and I think the #1 reason is because I need to be massivley humbled lol. Talking and communicating with people individually or in group settings has always been a strongsuite for me and I'm so humbled because I truly can't communicate by myself. #2 I'm learning how to be a better listener! When you can't really speak you have so much time to listen!! Hopefully I'm getting better at that and can keep working on it! 

Overall- things are good. Big changes are happening and my emotions are honestly a huge roller coaster, but I remind myself that I've done lots of hard things before, and I can do this because of Christ.

As we reflected as a mission on the life and service of President Nelson Irealized one of my favorite things about him is the effort he made and time he took to get to know people of other faiths and cultures around the world. He showed the Character of CHrist as he got to know people as individuals and showed genuine interest and respect for people who were different than him! The Savior invites us all to do the same thing! Where I'm at in Virginia is really diverse and I'm meeting people from every point of life and place on Earth, and it is a good reminder to me to be conscious, respectful AND CURIOUS of other people's beliefs and interests! I know we recieve blessings and greater joy when we show genuine kindness!! Especially when it is hard! 

God's got you!! I love you all! Please keep me posted! 

Hermana Miller

pics! 
lol forgot it's been so long but I chopped my hair in the MTC so yeah theres that 1. My comp and I @ the Marina where we do calls! 2. Iwo Jima! So cool! 3. Last view of Utah mountains for a while 4. LIZ AND OUR PAINTINGS 5. my little bob with Hermana Kaelin and her little bob! 6. Tried my raincoat love it 7. last district flick

No comments:

Post a Comment

HOLY I AM SO LUCKY!!!

  "HOLY I AM SO LUCKY!!!" ⬆️truly been the quote of my mission and most certainly the quote of this week!! This week I finished tr...