Monday, October 6, 2025

Conference week!

 I don't have time to spell check I'm so sorry. 


Hola! Hope you all had an awesome week! Things are going good in Virginia!!


Spanish is getting a little bit better! Day by day I'm starting to understand a little more! It's still really difficult when we teach and meet with members but I'm really grateful for the patience that Hermana Morales has, as well as all of the other people we talk to! People are really encouraging! I feel like God is always giving me opportunities to step out of my comfort zone with Spanish and this week I got to give a zone training completely in Spanish! It was hard and truth be told my heart is really really softening out here because I cry so much wow. Whenever I bear my testimony or talk to people about the gospel or my family or literally anything I get chocked up. It makes me super uncofortable but I'm learning how to be a little softer and sometimes you just have to accept the tears. So yeah basically I cried through the whole training BUT I think it was still good!


We made pupusas with Hermana Machuca this week and that was a huge highlight. They were so good and it was awesome to be with her. She is such a legend. Also that night a man told me in English that my Spanish was terrible and he would only talk to us if Hermana Morales taught which lowkey hurt my heart but alas good reminder there is still lots to learn! I'm dealing with rejection a little better everyday. 


For language study we started going to the library and I ready my FIRST EVER BOOK IN SPANISH!!!! Big stuff. It is like a first grade reading level but I felt accomplished after. It did take me two days unfortunately. 


We get to go to the temple this Saturday with Erika to do her first ever baptisms for the dead and that is so excited! We also get to do en Endowment session and I'm so so stoked to go to the D.C temple I've heard so many wonderful things!!!


Ok Conference!!! So good!! Ihad the opportunity to listen to it in Spanish which was actually so tender. I was trying so hard to pay attention to try and undestand but really it helped me to rely on the Spirit and to listen closely to what the Spirit was trying to teach me, rather than what the speakers were directly saying. There were a few talks I really couldn't understand, but I got something great out of most of them! I loved Elder Eyring's talk! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

HOLY I AM SO LUCKY!!!

  "HOLY I AM SO LUCKY!!!" ⬆️truly been the quote of my mission and most certainly the quote of this week!! This week I finished tr...