Wednesday, September 3, 2025

Normalize it!

Hola!!! 

SUCH a great week this week!!! I'll say it I am LOVING the MTC! it's so fun and there's so many people to talk to I just love it so much! My district is so good I could go all day I love them they're so incredible so fun so spiritual it's just all so good! Theres another spanish district of Elders that we spend time with and they are so awesome as well! I learn so much from each of them! Also shout out to my parents for some delicious cookies they sent this week!


This week we played a lot a lot of sand volleyball and spikeball which was super super fun! I love when we get to go outside.


We got some new Sisters in our branch last Wednesday and they are so awesome I love them dearly and we get SEVEN more today!! I'm so excited to meet them! It was kind of strange that all the English missionaries that got here the same day as me left on Tuesday, but I'm honestly stoked to be here longer! 


And honestly I need to be here longer because Hermana Miles and I taught two lessons this week to a stranger and we did not perform ahaha. The first one was bad and then we met with the same brother the next day and it was slightly better but still bad. Hermana Miles had a legit coughing attack and I started laughing out loud (that has actually become a serious problem here if I feel even a small tickle of a laugh coming on I truly can't stop it even if we're doing something spiritual it's actually a big issue I'm praying for help because I need to chill) but yeah we left feeling a little defeated but not to fret!! We have to teach a 15 minute lesson to a friend in pure Spanish on Saturday so it is truly trial by fire! I'm nervous ahaha but luckily the Spirit and Love of God is a universal language and im banking on that!! Also have to shoutout my absolute legend of a comp Hermana Miles she is so fabulous!

Speaking of Spanish we started full immersion last week!! Its been super fun and im feeling gods help everyday! A lot of stuff I learned in high-school is really coming back to me which is shocking and awesome! We have a three hour Spanish class and then a one hour Spanish tutoring class and then another three hour Spanish class and we're not allowed to speak English in any of those. I'm learning tons! It helps a lot that one of our teachers speaks fluent Spanish as her first language and is currently trying to learn English, but sometimes it's hard because we can't communicate super well if we don't understand. 


Last night we has a really good devotional from Elder and Sister Larreal of the Seventy. I said the opening prayer so we got to sit on the stage which was pretty exciting and a little spooky. I think it went fine. The choir sang an amazing musical number that was a huge blessing. 


Ok if you know me well you know how much this means to me! We do service in the other sisters residence halls every Tuesday morning (this day is ideal because most missionaries leave Tuesday or wednesday) and they have tables of free stuff that sisters are leaving and I am always BLESSED by those tables!! You know I love anything free but they genuinely always provide for me. We've started calling those tables my “manna from heaven” because anything I need somehow appears on those tables available to me!!! God is so aware!! This week's haul was so immaculate. 


This week was full of spiritual experiences but I was reading in Enos (shoutout Elder Carlson) and it was crazy. I read all those same chapters last week and wasn’t super impacted but I read them again this week and I loved so much of it! I liked in the last verse it says “then shall I see his face with pleasure and he will say unto me: Come unto me, ye blessed, there is a place prepared for you in the mansions of heaven” Holy cow what a cool promise! Not only will we be welcomed into heaven but God will have PREPARED a place just for us!! That is so special to me! I know he has a place prepared for you too!!

Today we went to the temple which was awesome! The Payson Temple is INCREDIBLE and to have it full of missionaries was really touching. I love the art work there. 10/10. A little painful to drive through BYU campus on the first day of school BUT buena suerte to everyone starting school!


Overall I love love love being a missionary- even here at the MTC. I've grown so much and I’m loving the person God is molding me into! 


Gods got you!! I love you all lots!! Keep me posted!!

Hermana Miller


lots of pics this week!

hrmna miles and i with our cookies! our bff spanish district! the beloved bag of goodies! hrmna miles and I sitting up at the devotional! beautiful payson temple!!! my district! our district with our teacher hermana duran! ran into my primary teachers!! all serving missions now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

HOLY I AM SO LUCKY!!!

  "HOLY I AM SO LUCKY!!!" ⬆️truly been the quote of my mission and most certainly the quote of this week!! This week I finished tr...