Monday, October 27, 2025

Ok gift of tongues!!

Holy cow crazy week here in Virginia!! Every week is honestly crazy but this week was really fun!! 


We had exchanges which was really fun! I was slightly nervous because with Hermana Morales gone, I was now the only Spanish speaking missionary in my area which was terrifying. We also had three lessons planned that day that I was now going to have to do by myself BUT God provides as always. I was truly mezmorized by the gift of tongues this week because my mouth was FILLED with words! I was able to understand people that I've never been able to understand and teach principles I've never taught about! It was a much needed confidence boost and reminder that God's will is always going to prevail, even if that is through the gringa Spanish of a 19 year old girl. So cool. 


We got to go to a baptism for Elder Fetzer and Elder Clarke (our bffs and also district leader) and it was SO cool! It was the first baptism I've been to as a missionary and it was so so emotional! I was so excited for Katia! She is a consistent student at English class and is one of the people I've connected to the most in this transfer. I love her and it was awesome that we got to be part of this day for her. She also was such a boss and wore this sweet like pantsuit with a cape afterwards. It was iconic I wish there was documentation of it! Also Elder Fetzer and Elder Clarke sang an amazing musical number so love to see that. 

I'll keep it brief but I had one of the most life changing experiences EVER this week! We were headed somewhere else but we had to stop at McDonalds because I had to go to the bathroom SO bad and I was running in there and waved hello to a group of people at a table and then went on my way. When I came out they were all staring at me so I started to introduce myself and one of the men interrupted and just told me that he knew I had something to tell them. He saw a light in my face and in my eyes that he had never seen anywhere else and he wanted to hear what I had to say. I was crestfallen obviously and kind of turned to my companion so she could share in her fluent Spanish but he said no, I want to hear from you. I was shocked because that is the first time in the history of ever that anyone here has said that so I shared my simple but very sincere testimony and he started to cry, I was crying, Hermana Morales was crying, all around just so spiritual and so good. It was a much needed reminder that this is where I need to be. That even with my jumbled Spanish I have something to give here and there are people who can be blessed from the expereince that are unique to me!! The same principle applies to all of us!! You have something to offer in the work of God and He gave you skills, talents, opportunities, and experienes to help you to connect with others!! I hope this week you can find someone who you can connect with!! (this story does not sound as cool typed out but it means everything to me) 

Other notable things from the week

-we go to MOD Pizza a lot to make calls and the owner started giving us free pizzas all the time because she thinks we are so nice. I love Stephanie she is the greatest

-got blocked on WhatsApp 3 more times. SOS

-saw the most circular dog I've ever met in my entire life named ANDREW cmon now

-3 strangers let me use their bathroom this week

-held a chameleon!!

-saw an eel. yuck.

-shoutout Natalie Walsman. I made cesear salad with pasta this week. miss you queen. 

-H. Morales sneezed I'm not joking over 65 times last night. She was not well.

-chipped my tooth. bummer.

-interviews with President Mac Pherson were SO fun. I love to chat.


I love you!! God loves you!! Seek him out this week I promise He is there and He cares about you!!


Please pray for our friends Carlos, Joycelyn, Luis, and Yoseph!


Hermana Miller

P.s If anyone sends me any clips of literally any sport of any kind I will watch them with so much excitement! 


1. Taking pics of my teeth for the dentist 

2. Exchanges!

3. Virginia in the fall is insane

4. Ok rapunzel moment!

5. Ok lizard!

6. Ah!

7. A young man in my ward gave me jorts and wow. big highlight. feel like myself again.


No comments:

Post a Comment

HOLY I AM SO LUCKY!!!

  "HOLY I AM SO LUCKY!!!" ⬆️truly been the quote of my mission and most certainly the quote of this week!! This week I finished tr...