Monday, October 20, 2025

Those mosquito people don't know anything

 Hello all!!
(This one's a little hefty so I'm sorry about that)

I hope you're all doing so so well!! I've seen some good highlights this week from the BYU game! Seems like things are fun there! Sko cougs always. 

These past two weeks have been CRAZY! Honestly everyday here is crazy kind of, you can never really have expectations for the day because it always just goes a different direction which is fun! God has so much in store for the people here!! And for me!

We got to go to the Washington D.C Temple last week which was SO SO SO cool!!! It's ginormous and beautiful and amazing. Lots and lots of members of our ward came and that was fun! We brought a recent convert Erika (she is my queen I love her so much) and she was able to be baptized for her mom!! It was so tender. Then we did a session in Spanish which was so cool and luckily I know it pretty well in English so gave me a little boost for the day that I was able to understand most of it. There were SO many miracles that day I can't even list them all but God provided a way for everything to work out and it was incredible. We saw so many familiar faces there! 

This week Hmna Morales and I made a goal that all the new friends we would find, would have Sundays available. This is a huge ask because basically every person we talk to works on Sunday, but we had a lot of faith that there were people who had the time. We set a goal to find 5 people who had Sundays free and were interested. Somehow as soon as we set this goal EVERYONE we talked to was free on Sundays??? I truly can't explain it but we ended up finding 10 people who were really interested and who have Sundays off!! How cool that we have a God of so many miracles!!! Lots of prayers of gratitude were said this week. 

We had noche de herencia hispana! I kid you not one of the most fun things I've ever been to ever in my life. It was INSANE! Basically everyone in the ward (and the community in general) makes tables representing their country with lots of food and decorations and tons of people do presentations of traditional songs or dances. It was so fun. There were probably over 200 people there. We were welcoming everyone in and then I heard my name over the mic and they had me say the opening prayer and sing "Come Come Ye Saints" so I could represent my "pioneer/American heritage" it was hilarious. The whole thing was in Spanish and I struggled through it but it was a fun memory for sure! Some of our friends came too! 

We have some amazing friends right now! Carlos is an ICON and he came to the activity and to church-Libro de Mormón en hand. My heart exploded. We also have a friend names Oscar who came to church. Awesome guy but I truly can not understand a word he says I'm not sure why but his accent is so so difficult for me. He's awesome though we love him. 

We went to a wild Tex Mex restaurant this week and they brought us like a salsa sample and we got to try like 12 salsa and it was majestic! 

I held a humongous French Bulldog it was insane. He was 36 pounds. It was a highlight of my life. The family was so nice too they weren't interested in the church but they gave us food and chatted and let me hold their giant dog. So good. 

We're teaching a 19 year old girl which has been really fun because we're all the same age! She has a lot of questions and they've really had me thinking. She asked me to explain why some people who pray to be healed aren't and some people are healed who don't even pray. It was tough. I realized I don't really have an answer for that. I have faith that God has a plan for each one of us that is divine and individual, but why some people are healed and some aren't, I'm not really sure. I tried to explain that I believe God's "deliverance" looks different for everyone. He gives us experiences to help us rely on him and to change our hearts to become more like him. I don't think that answer really satisfied her so if anyone has other thoughts I'm very open to them. 

I've been studying patience this week and I love what Preach My Gospel says: "Patience is trusting that as you cheerfully do all things in your power, God will fulfill His promised blessings in His time" I hope to show a little more patience and faith in God's plan for me this week. 

Other notable things:
- we burned a pizza and our carbon monoxide alarm would not stop going off. We tried everything to turn the alarm off but it would not so we left it in the fridge to quiet it down a little bit, but we had to just disable the whole thing and get a new one eventually. 
- ran into one of our friends at a park with his family 
- our Temple reservation was under the name "Miller" HAHAHAHA the members were dying laughing 
- we had a lot of total epic mega fails this week
- I helped a young boy fix a toy car and it was like top 10 best moments ever
- got fed by every ward in our building on Sunday
-played the piano for the primary program it was so bad ahaha that's ok
- got flu shots!
- watched a little league baseball game!
- thought Quinny's Dad wanted to be my friend on Facebook but turned out he was just hacked 
- found so many little hidden walkways that we love!
-had major FOMO
- we talk to this man named Ron like everyday. He is hilarious. This week he was telling me how "all the mosquito people who work at the county don't know anything" and I could not hold it together I was dying. Our friend took like a stalker picture of that conversation I'll add it. 
- we've been running everyday which is so good for my soul
- someone in the ward sent out a mass message that rice is my favorite food and then some members took us to H-Mart (Asian market) and bought me a giant plate of rice ahaha so iconic. 
- got a package!
-went to this store called Black Friday Deals and on Wednesdays everything is $1! It is madness. It's like the bins in Salt Lake but way more crazy and everything is like Amazon returns so it's all in boxes I can't even explain it. 
- got blocked by WhatsApp twice
- had the best frosty of my entire life

God's got you!! He loves you!! I love you!! Have a good week and let me know how things are going!! (Especially byu lax people please give me an update I beg)

Hermana Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment

HOLY I AM SO LUCKY!!!

  "HOLY I AM SO LUCKY!!!" ⬆️truly been the quote of my mission and most certainly the quote of this week!! This week I finished tr...