Feliz nuevo ano! Spent lots of time home sick this week but we were still able to have lots of lessons over the phone and make tons and tons and phone calls! Still a success!
On Sunday Santos (who we taught/baptized about a month and a half ago) showed up to church all bundled up and he had walked for AN HOUR to get there!! He was freezing but he was telling us how important it was to him to be at church so he made sure he was there. So good. AND it was perfect because he was able eto recieve the Aaronic Priesthood and get his temple reccomend!!! I got to be in there for his ordination and it was so tender. AND the bisopric gave him a SUIT!!! My heart exploded into a million pieces genuinley. So next week he'll get to come to church and pass the sacrament IN HIS SUIT!! AND we get to go to the temple either this weekend or the next so I am so stoked for all of that. So good.
Had so many random experiences in the streets this week it was so wild so funny. It's always something new over here.
I've been reading a lot of Elder Holland's talks again this past week and I loved his insights in the talk "Waiting on the Lord" 10/10 talk. He talks about how in the struggle is where we are able to develop divine qualites. I have totally seen that this year that as I faced struggles a a missionary and in regular life, that those were the times where I grew the most!
2025 was likely my favorite year yet. It was full of so many different experiences and people with finishing my first year of college, playing for BYU, working endless jobs, biking at the Abatement, playing in Europe, lots of time with family, seeing a lot of miracles with my health, making and keeping covenants with God, spending lots of time in the sun, learning so much about culture, moving across the country, taking a solo trip to New York City, making so many new best friends, learning Spanish!
I accomplished a lot this year. I traveled. I had a lot of fun. I worked really hard. But of course in the wise words of my Mom, much more importantly, my character developed so much this year. I learned a lot about who I am and the things I am capable of as I include God in my life. Not just as a missionary but also as a student, athlete, employee, coach, daughter, friend, seriously in every aspect of my life. I learned how to not take things so seriously and channel my passion better, how to study, how to be more independent, how to be more empathetic, and I learned there is a lot I want to keep working on!
2026 will likely be the most unique year of my life as I will spend the entirety of it as a full time missionary!! While that idea is daunting and slightly overwhelming, it also is something I'm really excited for. This year of my life will be the most consecrated time I have to get to know my Savior and to fully focus on the joy His gospel brings into my life! And the life of every person I meet! I get the opportunity to declare glad tidings of great joy to every person I see. every. single. day. in 2026. And I'm stoked out of my mind.
I love you! God loves you! 2026 is YOUR year!
Hermana Miller
Other Noteable Things
-saw a dead cat
ALSO!!!!! I saw a bald eagle in the wild!!! And a Great Blue Heron!! We bird watched with this nice woman named Erika and it was awesome.
ok that's all seriously
No comments:
Post a Comment